You joined BeWelcome and want to get involved as a volunteer? For you, responsibility is not a burden but an opportunity? Then you are welcome to join BeVolunteer, the non-profit organization which administrates BeWelcome. As a member of BeVolunteer you have a vote in all the points raised at the annually held General Assembly (the legislative). You are also encouraged to present yourself as candidate for the Board of Directors (the executive) or vote for others to join the board.
BeVolunteer application guidelines
In order for a person to become a member of BeVolunteer, the following guidelines will be considered. You should:
- have been an active BeWelcome member for 3 months.
- have been volunteering for BeWelcome for at least 3 months.
- agree to grant to BeVolunteer a right forever to use the work done for BeVolunteer during the membership of BeVolunteer. This covers work done for BeVolunteer and any and all projects of BeVolunteer, such as BeWelcome.
- write an adequate application for membership and send it to the BeVolunteer Board of Directors.
- Accept the Statutes and the rules and regulations of the association.
Please send us your completed BeVolunteer application form through the contact form. You should also fill in the section about your motivation to join BeVolunteer (why do you want to join BeVolunteer?, where do you want to help?, what do you expect ?, etc.).
Upon receiving your application for membership, the board will, as per the Statutes, either approve it or reject it. Your membership will be confirmed once all the conditions mentioned above are met and the current Board of Directors approves your application. You will get a welcome message and become a “friend member” (no voting right for the first 3 months to make sure you get to know the association before you push for changes etc.)
If you do not receive any news after two weeks, please contact us again to ask about the status of your application.
How to resign from BeVolunteer?
Send us your resignation letter to terminate your membership with BeVolunteer.